Thursday, 08 May 2008

Making amends

Well, after Terri's little reprimand last night over the sorry state of our blog, I thought I'd be the first one to jump in and comment on last night's Book Club. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to add, so we'll have to rely on Vanessa for that. Book club was fabulous - great venue Lorraine! Although a bit on the pricey side, such that Carmen was contemplating offering sex in the hopes of having her booze bill cut down, the food was done to perfection and my prawns in particular where some of the best I've ever had... mmmm.

We missed Sacha and Gail though, but we were all tucked round a cosy little corner table as a result, which made for some marvellous intimate conversations - amongst others, the joys of the Moon Cup and the evils of pregnancy - thankfully though, I won't be needing one of those little contraptions for another few months at least, so I'll let the rest of you test drive them before I commit.

Lorraine brought in some great auto-biographies, and I chose one about a couple of girl friends who went on a road trip in the late 70s, and while they were sleeping in thier tent in the middle of a reserve somewhere, some psycho deliberately drove over their tent and then proceeded to attack them with an axe! This is the story of the one girl coming to terms with the trauma of that, and I can't wait to get into it!

So that's that for now, I'll feedback on the book as I proceed, but now it's up to the rest of you to add your two cents to our fledgling blog and get it off the ground!

Hope to see you all next week!
xx

1 comment:

noodle said...

The pics are coming!